Over 90% of world trade is carried by the international shipping industry.
Without shipping, the import and export of goods on the scale necessary for the modern world would not be possible.
Seaborne trade continues to expand, bringing benefits for consumers across the world through low and decreasing freight costs. Thanks to the growing efficiency of shipping as a mode of transport and increased economic liberalization, the prospects for the industry’s further growth continue to be strong.
There are around 50,000 merchant ships trading internationally. Transporting every kind of cargo, the world fleet is registered in over 150 nations and manned by over a million seafarers of virtually every nationality.
Despite strong numbers and a strong impact in the world, the shipping industry is not without its hurdles.
Shipping companies face challenges in many areas, including:
Solutions Provided by QueBIT
- Voyage/Vessel revenue and expense planning
- Vessel deployment planning and analysis
- Voyage/Vessel profitability planning, reporting, and analysis
- Voyage/Vessel driver-based expense allocations
- Capital expenditure and dry dock amortization planning
- Corporate expense planning
- Consolidated financial statements: P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Integration of data from key operational and accounting systems (e.g. Shipnet), including drill to source
- Long-range strategic planning
Value Gained by Choosing QueBIT
Our investment in the shipping and ports businesses provides you with professionals who understand the nuances of your industry and bring a fresh perspective to your organization.
- BC Ferries
- Overseas Shipping Group
- TBS International