Agile Crisis Planning
A Better Way to Plan for an Uncertain Future
The COVID-19 crisis is forcing companies to revise plans and budgets to cope with the frequently changing market conditions. More importantly, we are seeing that companies are needing to change how they plan, not just how frequently. All of our clients are focusing more on sales forecasting, workforce planning, and balance sheet forecasting. Beyond that, the top performers are boosting accuracy and transparency by incorporating Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) for detailed scenario modeling. We call this QueBIT’s Agile Crisis Planning capability.
Use AI and Machine Learning to develop demand forecasts based on facts.
See how one of the largest packaged food companies finds a better way to plan for an uncertain future.
Based on the best practices we’re seeing since COVID-19 began and our experience in cross-functional business planning, QueBIT has developed a rapid strategic planning system implementation offering, or QueBIT Agile Crisis Planning (ACP). The offering includes:
- Development of a custom demand forecasting system using AI/ML
- Testing and incorporation of external demand drivers such as inflation, GDP, COVID-19 lockdown periods, and other external factors
- User input screens for key driver input and versioning
- Robust scenario modeling around future sales demand
This set of features gives companies the tools they need to examine possible future outcomes and make business decisions grounded in science, not guessing.
When clients adopt this approach, the outcomes can make a dramatic impact. The clarity provided by Agile Crisis Planning enables C-level executives to confidently make decisions in face of the many unknowns of today’s situation. Clients typically see results including:
- Greater accuracy on cash flow forecasting and management due to more accurate demand plans.
- Tighter coordination between finance and operations. Better understanding of potential scenarios and key drivers aligns stakeholders on a common course of action.
- Validation and vindication of assumed key drivers of your business. Most clients traditionally assume some relationship to external macroeconomic drivers and their sales. Agile Crisis Planning back-tests historical performances against those drivers and either includes drivers in the future scenarios or explains why they don’t ad value to a forecast.
- Gain the confidence to charge ahead. If an acquisition or expansion is on the table, Agile Crisis Planning can give clarity into how today’s conditions impact your plans tomorrow. Make more informed decisions – based on science.
Click for full-sized image
Compare scenarios to determine the impact of market changes and business decisions