April 12, 2019
Before getting started first make sure make sure that you have satisfied the perquisites for using ReportWORQ.
- .NET Framework 4.7.2
- ReportWORQ will install the .NET Framework if it is missing however it will require a reboot.
- Planning Analytics REST API
- To enable the Planning Analytics REST API specify an HTTPPortNumber configuration in the tm1s.cfg file. https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSD29G_2.0.0/com.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.tm1_inst.2.0.0.doc/t_ug_cxr_odata_config.html
- Dimension Security
- ReportWORQ requires dimension level security. To create the }DimensionSecurity cube open Architect, Right click on Dimensions and choose Security Assignments. In the security assignments editor make any change and choose OK. You can then return to the editor and undo that change. Making a change will create the }DimensionSecurity cube. Note that ReportWORQ will make changes to this cube for the ReportWORQ security groups. If any rules are defined on this cube they must allow write access for the ReportWORQ members.
- Admin Access
- ReportWORQ must be run as an Administrator on first launch. This enables ReportWORQ to create the Control Cubes needed to store ReportWORQ data.
Troubleshooting connecting ReportWORQ to Planning Analytics
- If you are having trouble connecting to Planning Analytics make sure that the URL to the Planning Analytics REST API is correct and accessible. Test connectivity by navigating a browser to the following test URL.
- Example: http://localhost:9856/api/v1/$metadata
- If you see an XML response then you can connect to the server, however if you see an error then check the user, port, SSL setting and firewall. If SSL is enabled you must use https instead of http.
Failed to create ReportWORQ objects because an Administrator is required on first use. Please login as an Administrator to proceed
- On first run ReportWORQ must be run as an Administrator so that it can create the necessary ReportWORQ control cubes and update the }DimensionSecurity cube.
ReportWORQ requires Dimension-level security on this server and it appears that the }DimensionSecurity cube is missing.
- Make sure the }DimensionSecurity cube exists and create one if necessary. To create the }DimensionSecurity cube open Architect, Right click on Dimensions and choose Security Assignments. In the security assignments editor make any change and choose OK. You can then return to the editor and undo that change. Making a change will create the }DimensionSecurity cube.
ReportWORQ failed to update Dimension Security. Please check to see if a rule is preventing updates to this cube.
- If there are any Rules on the }DimensionSecurity cube make sure that they permit changes to the }ReportWORQ_READER and }ReportWORQ_WRITER members:
- [‘}ReportWORQ__READER’] = S: STET;
- [‘}ReportWORQ__WRITER’] = S: STET;
Failed to create ReportWORQ objects please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- ReportWORQ encountered an error trying to update or create ReportWORQ control cubes or security groups and the user was logged in as an Administrator. Please send log files to email@example.com for further assistance.