January 6, 2020
ReportWORQ can be used locally to generate and distribute the reports you need even when you are using an IBM Cloud server to host your Planning Analytics model. ReportWORQ still runs on your local machine, connecting remotely to the cloud instance of Planning Analytics to draw live data from your model. There are only a few steps needed to get ReportWORQ connected to your cloud environment.
- Have ReportWORQ installed on your local machine.
- Request a Non-Interactive Account from IBM through the IBM ticket portal. IBM will send you a new PAW Welcome Packet that will be identical to the first one you received but will now include the information for your Non-Interactive Account.
- Grant the Non-Interactive Account Admin rights in the Planning Analytics security settings.
Note: The Non-Interactive user will NOT appear in the PAW users list, security must be granted in Architect.
- Generate the }DimensionSecurity cube in PA environment if it does not already exist by adding/removing security to any dimension.
- Open ReportWORQ, select connect, choose to add a new connection, and select IBM Cloud. Enter the following information:
- Name: the name of your TM1 server
- IBM Cloud URL: the URL to log into PAW (without https and without and trailing information)
- Namespace: the CAM namespace provided in the Welcome Packet
- Username: the username of your Non-Interactive Account, provided in the Welcome Packet
- Password: the password for your Non-Interactive Account, provided in the Welcome Packet
- Hit Test to verify the connection, select Ok, and you’re ready to go!